Thursday, July 19, 2012

Oval Basket Measurements

 I just made myself a lovely purple magazine rack/basket to test out a size for a new customer.
The center strip of wrapped line that I started with is 8" long.

The finished size is rather large:
10.5" high, 22" across the top,
14.5"long x 8"wide base
oh, but it so nice for all those magazines.
I used a lovely Laura Birch purple fabric with gold highlights.  I love her cats, but this fabric had colorful little snakes, can you tell?

I think the proportions should be a little different on this
basket, maybe 1-2 inches taller to offset the larger base, oh well, not on this basket, since I ran out of this fun fabric.  My little Babylock 6150 struggled with the size too.  I had to hold the basket up most of the time, since the machine motor was not strong enough for the weight.




I like the proportions for the smaller totes to be
6" center strip made into a base of 6"wide by 10"long.
This size works for any heights between 8-10" high.
Good Luck!
Have fun!
I love Purple!  Can you tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment