Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tailgating Baskets

 I'm new to Tailgating at football games, so I have a lot to learn!  We now have added a top up tent and a rug! The car is packed with stuff, amazing!  I always learn the hard way!  The WIND!  It blew everything off the table!  Blew over the sports chairs and almost the tent.  Now we have tent anchors! 

I made this fun basket using nylon rope to hold all the snacks or buns.  I have a heavy marble bread warmer for the bottom so it won't blow away!  I hope....


 The nylon can get wet too and dries much faster.  Yeah, I will be testing it next weekend!  I love the patriotic colors.
Easy to clean!  I guess I need another one of these!

I made a couple of lovely fabric baskets too, see pictures below.


 I love this scrappy patriotic look!
The base is 10" so I can put the paper dinner plates in it.  I'll have to add a weight again so they don't blow away!  But this will look so much better than a bunch of plates piled on the table.....
 I think I can fit the napkins in this basket too.
 I love the unique pattern formed by the five different fabrics.  Another basket will be similar and unique every time!

I made another basket, 8" to hold cookies.
I found this nice round plastic container, so I made a basket to fit it, see below.  It will make the table very festive!





I love this cheery patriotic design!
The handles will make it so easy to pack up for the next game.  These baskets are machine washable too!  Only Air Dry!



What's next, lots of fun ideas..
How about a utensils holder...
Cup holder?
Coffee cozies?
Trivets?
Condiment holder?
Chip and dip anyone?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment