Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beautiful Layer Cake Basket

Layering a basket with many fabrics can be tricky just like borders on a quilt.  These pictures show the difference between the two types of baskets.

 All Over Basket uses one fabric for the whole basket.   I made this wonderful basket for myself! Yeah!  I just loved this bold floral fabric.  Yes, it is the same fabric as the table rug in last month's post.  I also made myself another oval table runner and might even treat myself to a matching tissue box cover.  It is so nice to have a matching set.



The lovely aqua basket is a custom order for a wonderful customer who sent me the most gorgeous fabrics to make this "Layer Cake Basket".  I enjoyed making this basket with all the special layers.  Usually I have two or three layers, but his one has a least 8, so that was a challenge to make all these lovely fabrics work together.  I just love how it turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment